ESSENTIAL CAMBODIA & VIETNAM
14Days – 13Nights
Start off with Cambodia’s stunning Angkor temples and immaculate natural surroundings before heading off to Vietnam’s distinctive cultural heritage with opportunities to partake in the country’s many interesting towns, cities, and waterways.
- Royal palace & Silver pagoda
- Amazing Angkor, its temples & relics
- Sightseeing Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong delta boat cruise & floating market
- Beauty of Hoi An ancient town
- Eco tour Hoi An countryside
- Hue Royal Citadel & relics
- Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Halong Bay cruise & overnight aboard in great comfort.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL PHNOM PENH
On arrival in Phnom Penh, you will be welcomed by your tour guide and then transferred to the hotel for check in. After a relaxing break, you will set out to discover the most remarkable sights of Phnom Penh in a Cyclo, an original Phnom Penh means of transportation and a very fun way to explore this lively city. First, head to the Royal Palace. The same complex houses the Silver Pagoda, named for the over 5000 heavy silver tiles that cover its floors. Continue to the National Museum, which was built in traditional Khmer style. It houses the world’s foremost collection of ancient Khmer artistic, archaeological, and religious artifacts from the 4th to the 13th centuries. End your tour at Wat Phnom, a hilltop pagoda and the birthplace of the city. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
DAY 2: PHNOM PENH – SIEM REAP (B/D)
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to Siem Reap. On arrival in Siem Reap, your local guide will greet you and accompany with you to the hotel for check in. This afternoon, start your visits to Angkor by tuk tuk at the ancient city of Angkor Thom. From here, continue to Bayon Temple in the exact center of the city. The Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King are also must-visits as they are both known for their intricate bas-reliefs. Return to the hotel. Overnight in Siem Reap
DAY 3: SIEM REAP (B/L)
This morning, explore the temples of the Small Circuit. Start your tour with a visit to Ta Prohm temple. Your visit will also include Banteay Kdei, a Buddhist monastery from the late 12th Century, and Srah Srang, also known as the “pool of ablutions”. Return to the hotel for a relaxing break during the midday heat.After a rest at your hotel, carry on with a very special sightseeing tour of the famous Angkor Wat. It is constructed following the model of the temple mountain symbolizing the Mount Meru, home of the gods. Today, Angkor Wat is figured on Cambodia’s national flag as the temple symbolizes the soul of the Khmer people. Return to the hotel. Overnight in Siem Reap.
DAY 4: SIEM REAP – HO CHI MINH (B)
This morning is free till transfer to the airport for a flight to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon). Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City and transfer to hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
DAY 5: HO CHI MINH CITY TOUR (B/L)
Depart your hotel for a full day tour of Ho Chi Minh City. Head to Cholon, the city’s Chinatown district, discover the markets and shops of the area, and also the Cantonese Thien Hau Pagoda , Vietnam’s first traditional medicine museum, the FITO Museum, will be visited next. Head back into the centre of the city to visit Ben Thanh Market. In the afternoon, visit the War Remnants or History Museum and take a glaze at the former Presidential Palace, from there to the major sights of colonial Ho Chi Minh City: the Old Ho Chi Minh City Post Office, Dong Khoi Street (formerly Rue Catinat), Continental Hotel, Opera House and City Hall. Back to the hotel at late afternoon. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
DAY 6: FULL DAY MEKONG DELTA TOUR (B/L)
This morning we will take you on a journey to many Mekong Delta’s significant destinations. Mekong Delta is Vietnam’s biggest rice bowls with three rice crops per years and is the major contributor to Vietnam and other countries’ food basket. Arrive at Ben Tre and board our boat. Here we get a tour around the small islands of lush orchards to run on small channels and watch how daily life slowly passes. Leave the boat and walk along the river bank, you have a chance to witness local people’s peaceful life. Stop by one of the many family businesses that produce a wide range of coconut products such as candy, juice, oil and souvenirs, mostly handmade with in simple, but skillful, methods. Next, take a local tuk-tuk (or bicycle) ride around the remote village, learn about local rural life and stop to sample tropical fruits. Have lunch at a restaurant in the heart of the delta and have a taste of several regional specialties such as the famous Elephant Ear fish. Afterwards, paddle in sampans (small rowing boats) through the Mekong, passing by the water coconut trees. Then, return to the boat to cruise in the delta’s major waterways to Ben Tre pier. A coach picks you up and for returning to Ho Chi Minh City.
DAY 7: HO CHI MINH – HOI AN (B/D)
Transfer to Tan Son Nhat Airport for the short flight to the central port city of Danang after breakfast. On arrival in Danang drive 40-minutes to Hoi An.
Hoi An, one of the world heritage sites in Vietnam is a little charming city by the bank of Thu Bon River. During the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, this place was one of important trading ports in Asia where merchant ships from both East and West gathered for business, making it a very hustle and prosperous town. Today, remains of ancient architectures, traditions and life style are very well preserved producing this unique heritage site and make it one of the biggest attraction in Vietnam.
Afternoon: Take a walking tour of the ancient town centre to visit former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge, a Chinese communal hall and the colorful market. Overnight in Hoi An.
DAY 8: HOI AN COUTRYSIDE (B/D)
Morning is yours; at leisure or visit some of the good tailors in the city…
Your guide meet you at your hotel about 3pm, transfer to Thu Bon habour, embark the boat and starting cruise along the green river to Kim Bong Carpentry village. This is a very interesting village where you can see the woodcarvers and carpenters at work. With only simple, little tools, the talents patient local people produce lovely examples of ancient architecture, wooden furniture, and shipbuilding.
After stroll in the village, continue fascinating boat cruise on the Thu Bon River for sightseeing of natural landscapes and catch up with water life activities. On the stunning river dotted with green islands, day by day, local fishermen earn their living. You will get to learn more about traditional fishing tools and methods employed locals here for centuries. Enjoy a BBQ feast arranged on the bank of a small island while watching sun setting down behind mountain a far. Back to the boat for a cruise back to Hoi An town when the last sun’s rays linger to the peaceful scenery and catch up the infinite of colors and reflections of Hoi An town at dusk. The trip ends at your hotel around 7pm.
DAY 9: TRANSFER FROM HOI AN TO HUE (B/L)
Leave Hoi An for Hue, the former imperial capital of Vietnam with stop for a visit at the Cham Musuem, containing the finest collection of Cham sculptures. Climb over the Pass of Ocean Clouds and dropping down to the wonderfully photogenic fishing village of Lang Co. Upon arrival in Hue, visit the Imperial Citadel where the Nguyen Dynasty ruled between 1802 and 1945. After exploring the ruins of this wonderful monument take a cyclo ride along the leafy side streets. Then return to your hotel for the remainder of this afternoon at leisure. Overnight in Hue
DAY 10: HUE – HANOI (B/L)
Start your day at Thien Mu Pagoda, one of Hue’s most iconic landmarks. Constructed in 1601, a 21-meter tower is the centrepiece of the pagoda. Then continue to the Mausoleum of Tu Duc, built decades before its occupant’s death the tomb was used as a palace retreat before the emperors resting place. Finish up the morning at Khai Dinh’s Tomb which is traditional Vietnamese in design with a European touch making it unique from the other tombs in Hue. In the afternoon transfer to the air port for the short flight to Hanoi. On arrival transfer to your hotel and the remainder of the day is at your leisure. Overnight in Hanoi.
DAY 11: HANOI CITY TOUR (B/L)
The city tour of the capital city occupies your whole day. The sites include of Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (viewed from outside), his house-on-stilts, One Pillar Pagoda, Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university. The tour continues with a visit to one of the following museum that you have to decide to pick the one you like (the Ethnology Museum, Army Museum, National Fine Arts Museum, Hanoi Hilton prison or Vietnam Women Museum), then a short walk around the Old Quarter. Finish the day with a Water Puppet show. Today is open for you, activities are also flexible so you could follow our suggestions or just talk with the tour guide and customize the day. Overnight in Hanoi.
DAY 12: HANOI – HALONG BAY (B/L/D)
Take for the 3.5-hour drive to Halong Bay. Journey there through the rich farmlands of the Red River Delta. Have a stop at the midway to visit at a humanity center. Arrive at the pier around noon, check-in procedures and transfer to your boat for the overnight journey into the Bay. Lunch is served on board as you cruise into Halong Bay. Cruise by rock formations. Towards the end of the day set anchor for the night as the sun sets followed by dinner. Overnight on Halong Bay
DAY 13: HALONG BAY – RETURN HANOI (B/L)
On your return to Halong City enjoy a wholesome brunch as your boat weaves through strange-shaped limestone rock formations. Upon disembarkation your driver will meet you for the transfer back to Hanoi. Rest of the day is free. Overnight in Hanoi
DAY 14: DEPARTURE (B)
At leisure for shopping until your transfer to Noi Bai Airport for onward flight back home. Safe travel!
***END OF SERVICES****
PRICING: in EUR per person for shared twin/double
Rates applied from 1 October 2018 to 30th April 2019
Number of Persons
Rates applied from 1st May to 30th Sept 2019
|Number of Persons||2pax||3-4pax||5-6pax||7-8pax||9-12pax||SGL Supp|
Supplement guide other languages:
|Language||Supplement per group per program|
|German||18 EUR /day/group|
|Italian / Spanish||22EUR /day/group|
ADDITIONAL FLIGHT TICKET
|Flight||Cost EUR/ person
(Price can be changed at the time of booking)
|Siem Reap – Ho Chi Minh||156||Cambodia Angkor Air|
|Ho Chi Minh – Danang||65||Vietnam Airline|
|Hue – Hanoi||65||Vietnam Airline|
|City||Standard (3*)||Superior (4*)||Deluxe (5*)|
|Siem Reap||Dinata Amgkor Boutique||Treasure Oasis||Angkor Miracle Resort & Spa|
|Ho Chi Minh City||Lavender||Muong Thanh Central||Majestic|
|Hoi An||Sunshine Hotel||Bella Maison Hadana||Sunrise Beach Resort|
|Hue||Rosaleen Boutique Hotel||Romance Hotel||Eldora hotel|
|Halong||V’Sprit Cruise||Syrana Cruise||Athena Cruise|
- All Tours transfers in private air condition car
- Accommodation/hotel throughout the trip as mentioned above
- Meals as mentioned in each day (B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
- Regional English speaking guides for the entire trip except leisure time
- Package Halong cruise with en-suite private cabin
- Private boat cruise as dedicated in itinerary
- All entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Sightseeing tickets and local payment
- Local guide where needed
- A bottle of water and tissues for day with tours.
- Other services than mentioned
- All flight tickets, both international and domestic flights
- Personal expense (Laundry, expenditure of a personal nature)
- Tips, Travel insurance
- Surcharge for Spanish speaking guide which is calculated separately
- All prices quoted are on a net basis and in EUR and valid according to the date specified on the quotation. Prices are subject to change in line with market, tax or currency fluctuation with or without prior notice.
- Rooms at hotels are available from 14h00 on arrival day till 12h00 on departure date. A supplement will be added if early check-in or late check-out is desired.
- Please note that all the above services & tours have yet to be booked, they are proposed for your information only and we will not make any reservations before we receive your confirmation to do so.
- In case some services cannot be confirmed at the moment of booking, you will be informed immediately and offered with an alternative with similar service quality in order to avoid changes to the program.
TERM & CONDITIONS:
- Deposit and Payment: 30% of total invoice should be deposit at the time of booking for guarantee. Final payment is no later than 21 days in advance of arrival date.
- Cancellation: If cancelling less than 15 days, the deposit is non-refundable. After final payment is received, a cancellation fee of approximately 75% applies. This percentage may be less depending on the date of cancellation. A cancellation fee of 100% is applicable within 03 days of travel.
- Pricing: All prices are shown in EUR and are current at the date of printing this itinerary. If there is a dramatic fluctuation in the exchange rate or the price of services provided, which are beyond the control of Ciao Travel reserves the right to adjust tour prices accordingly, even though the balance of payment may have been made. This would only happen in unusual circumstances.
- Itinerary Validity and Content: This itinerary is valid until 30th Sept 2018, unless otherwise specified. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy. Viet Luxury Tour shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss caused by any inaccuracy. Viet Luxury Tour reserves the right to change tour arrangements or accommodations due to safety or security reasons, and will endeavor to provide alternative arrangements of the same standard as that originally booked.
- Special Requirements: Please advise Viet Luxury Tour of any special requirements such as Special Meals, Medical Requirements etc., as soon as possible. If you get motion sickness, it is imperative that you bring with you motion sickness pills as we travel by coach and boat sometimes in our tour.
- Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend you have travel insurance before departure in your country. Insurance covers cancellation fees payable for airline tickets, accommodation, loss of deposit, luggage etc.
- Clients’ Responsibilities: It is your responsibility to obtain passports, health certificates or other travel documents where required for the tour. It remains your responsibility to ensure that these documents are in order and to meet any additional costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with such requirements. It is also your responsibility to obtain any vaccinations that may be required to travel.